By Christine Teelken,Ewan Ferlie,Mike Dent
In view of the impending age of austerity for the general public region, management is probably going to proceed to develop into a key subject. This edited quantity brings jointly a bunch of fabric from the general public quarter to investigate the difficulty internationally.
Teelken, Dent & Ferlie lead a crew of individuals in interpreting 3 key features of this more and more vital theme:
- the which means of public quarter management, and the way this alterations in numerous contexts
- the implications for management type given the becoming position of the personal sector
- the reaction to the management factor from execs stepping into senior administration roles.
With contributions from revered lecturers akin to Jean-Louis Denis, Mike Reed and Mirko Nordegraaf, this publication can be a useful supplementary source for these project reviews throughout public region administration and administration.
Read or Download Leadership in the Public Sector: Promises and Pitfalls PDF
Similar nonprofit organisations & charities books
Ruled by way of a number of, competing, and infrequently overlapping theories, the act of budgeting is not at all a staid, dispiriting job. Kahn, Hildreth, and their workforce of students and practitioners express that budgeting is an institutional strategy, an incremental decision-making instrument, and while accurately utilized turns into a tribute to managerial and administrative potency.
With a foreword through Elizabeth Martinez, Roots of Justice recaptures a few of the approximately forgotten histories of groups of colour. those are the tales of people that fought again opposed to exploitation and injustice--and gained. From the Zoot Suiters who refused to place up with abuse by the hands of the army, to the ladies who geared up the welfare rights stream of the Seventies, Roots of Justice indicates how, via organizing, usual humans have made amazing contributions to alter society.
In view of the impending age of austerity for the general public zone, management is probably going to proceed to develop into a key topic. This edited quantity brings jointly a number of fabric from the general public area to research the difficulty across the world. Teelken, Dent & Ferlie lead a group of individuals in reading 3 key features of this more and more vital theme:the that means of public area management, and the way this alterations in several contextsthe implications for management type given the turning out to be function of the personal sectorthe reaction to the management factor from pros entering into senior administration roles.
This name, first released in 1993, addresses questions: can overview learn functionality as a surrogate marketplace in non-profit organizations to degree, price, and examine the products and companies they supply? And moment, can the findings from an review method be integrated as a provider accomplishment aspect into the accounting details released via non-profit businesses?
- 365 Ideas for Recruiting, Retaining, Motivating and Rewarding Your Volunteers: A Complete Guide for Non-Profit Organizations
- Rethinking Public-Private Partnerships: Strategies for Turbulent Times (Routledge Critical Studies in Public Management)
- Effective Grant Writing and Program Evaluation for Human Service Professionals
- Sustainability and Human Resource Management: Developing Sustainable Business Organizations (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- Strategic Communication for Sustainable Organizations: Theory and Practice (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
Extra info for Leadership in the Public Sector: Promises and Pitfalls
Leadership in the Public Sector: Promises and Pitfalls by Christine Teelken,Ewan Ferlie,Mike Dent