By Alain-Sol Sznitman
This e-book offers an account for the non-specialist of the circle of rules, effects and methods, which grew out within the research of Brownian movement and random stumbling blocks. it is usually an summary of identified effects and connections with different components of random media, taking a hugely unique and private technique throughout.
Read or Download Brownian Motion, Obstacles and Random Media (Springer Monographs in Mathematics) PDF
Best differential equations books
Nach seinem bekannten Werk über gewöhnliche Differentialgleichungen widmet sich der berühmte Mathematiker Vladimir Arnold in seinem neuen Lehrbuch nun den partiellen Differentialgleichungen. Wie alle Bücher Arnolds ist auch dieses voller geometrischer Erkenntnisse. Jeder Grundsatz wird mit einer Abbildung illustriert.
The assumption of modeling the behaviour of phenomena at a number of scales has turn into a useful gizmo in either natural and utilized arithmetic. Fractal-based options lie on the middle of this region, as fractals are inherently multiscale gadgets; they quite often describe nonlinear phenomena greater than conventional mathematical types.
Nonautonomous dynamical platforms offer a mathematical framework for temporally altering phenomena, the place the legislations of evolution varies in time because of seasonal, modulation, controlling or maybe random results. Our aim is to supply an method of the corresponding geometric idea of nonautonomous discrete dynamical platforms in infinite-dimensional areas by means of advantage of 2-parameter semigroups (processes).
Now in its moment variation, this monograph explores the Monge-Ampère equation and the most recent advances in its research and applications. It presents an basically self-contained systematic exposition of the speculation of susceptible options, together with regularity effects by way of L. A. Caffarelli. The geometric features of this thought are under pressure utilizing ideas from harmonic research, comparable to overlaying lemmas and set decompositions.
- Differential Forms and Applications (Universitext)
- Hamiltonian Dynamics - Theory and Applications: Lectures given at the C.I.M.E. Summer School held in Cetraro, Italy, July 1-10, 1999 (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Seminar on Stochastic Analysis, Random Fields and Applications VII: Centro Stefano Franscini, Ascona, May 2011 (Progress in Probability)
- Geometric Methods in Inverse Problems and PDE Control (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
- Unilateral Contact Problems: Variational Methods and Existence Theorems (Chapman & Hall/CRC Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- On Some Aspects of the Theory of Anosov Systems: With a Survey by Richard Sharp: Periodic Orbits of Hyperbolic Flows (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Additional info for Brownian Motion, Obstacles and Random Media (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Brownian Motion, Obstacles and Random Media (Springer Monographs in Mathematics) by Alain-Sol Sznitman