By Angelo Basile,Suzana Pereira Nunes
Part one introduces the subject of membrane technology and engineering, from the basics of membrane strategies and separation to membrane characterization and monetary research. half specializes in membrane utilisation for carbon dioxide (CO2) seize in coal and gasoline strength crops, together with pre- and post-combustion and oxygen delivery applied sciences. half 3 experiences membranes for the petrochemical undefined, with chapters masking hydrocarbon gas, traditional fuel and synthesis fuel processing, in addition to complicated biofuels creation. half 4 covers membranes for substitute power purposes and effort garage, equivalent to membrane know-how for redox and lithium batteries, gas cells and hydrogen creation. eventually, half 5 discusses membranes utilisation in commercial and environmental functions, together with microfiltration, ultrafiltration, and ahead osmosis, in addition to water, wastewater and nuclear strength applications.
With its wonderful editors and group of professional participants, complicated membrane technology and expertise for sustainable strength and environmental functions is a vital reference for membrane and fabrics engineers and brands, in addition to researchers and lecturers attracted to this field.
- Presents a accomplished overview of membrane technological know-how and know-how, concentrating on advancements and functions in sustainable strength and clean-industry
- Discusses the basics of membrane methods and separation and membrane characterization and financial analysis
- Addresses the major problems with membrane utilisation in coal and gasoline strength crops and the petrochemical undefined, using membranes for substitute power purposes and membrane utilisation in business and environmental applications
Read Online or Download Advanced Membrane Science and Technology for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy) PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
Chemistry and expertise of Emulsion Polymerisation 2e offers a realistic and intuitive rationalization of emulsion polymerization, together with either traditional and regulated radical polymerization. For these operating in undefined, coupling idea with daily perform could be tricky. by means of rigorously explaining the rules of the response, in response to well-designed experimental research, the ebook explains how the foundations relate to useful software.
The seafood processing produces a large number of by-products that sometimes encompass bioactive fabrics equivalent to proteins, enzymes, fatty acids, and biopolymers. those by-products are frequently underutilized or wasted, even if they've been proven to have biotechnological, dietary, pharmaceutical, and biomedical functions.
This ebook provides cutting-edge details referring to houses and techniques desirous about glass melts. dependent upon contributions through popular authors and scientists operating with glass soften structures, houses of Glass-Forming Melts is a wonderful compilation of the present wisdom on estate information, mechanisms, size suggestions, and structure-related homes of glass-forming.
Source administration info structures: distant Sensing, GIS and Modelling, moment variation will give you the data and ability essential to layout, construct, enforce, and function spatial source administration info platforms for the administration of actual assets. This quantity promotes using those applied sciences in a spatial context, allowing you to use info structures towards the administration of assets in agriculture, forestry, land use making plans, valuation, engineering, and plenty of extra fields.
- Multiple Reactions Galore, Volume I: Types, Use as Tool and Applications
- Plastics: Surface and Finish
- Handbook of Cosmeceutical Excipients and their Safeties (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine)
- Differential Evolution in Chemical Engineering:Developments and Applications (Advances in Process Systems Engineering)
- Crystal Growth Technology: Semiconductors and Dielectrics
Additional info for Advanced Membrane Science and Technology for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
Advanced Membrane Science and Technology for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy) by Angelo Basile,Suzana Pereira Nunes